Graphic's Logo Collection

Posted 1:19 PM by Philippa Hoey in
Today we were given a range of business that we had to design logos for, they were:

























-Fleet Star Car Hire- for this logo i started by sketching up an image of a star in my art diary,  i then put it through Adobe Illustrator and looked at different type faces before i came up with one that worked the best. I used bold blocky text so the name of the business would stand out in front of the star. I tried a few different colour variations and chose the colours that worked well. Instead of using the word 'Star' in my logo, i decided to use an image of one. I put this image behind the text 'Fleet' so the viewer would read the 'Fleet' and than see the star behind it, Hence Fleet Star. I made a phone number and stuck it down the bottom in an easy to read type face. Everything fits nice and tight, i am happy with my end result!

-Stephensons Excavation- for this logo i decided to use simple imagery, in this case i used an excavator. I drew my own design in my art diary then drew it up on Adobe Illustrator. I decided to make it a silhouetted image so the target audience for this type of logo would know exactly what the image is when they see it. I came up with the name Doug, for Doug Stephenson Excavation, because this name relates to excavation in a humerous way. Dug=Doug. I then worked with some colour and came up with a few different colour variations of the one design. I am happy with my end result!

-Nixons Joinery- for this logo i decided not t use any imagery at all and just have the main focus of the logo in big bold letters. Instead of making the type straight and blocky, i warped it to give it a bit of shape. This looked more effective then just straight text. I tried a few different colour variations, some colours worked better than others, but i was happy with my result in the end!


























-ERC Pre-cast Concrete- for this logo i decided to make it simple by using the ERC as the main part. I chose a tight type face that is easy to read and put it in the centre so it draws in the viewer. This type of logo is suitable to put on work t-shirts and hats and even a concrete mixer. I tried a few different colour variations to see what colours worked best by being the most eye-capturing. I am happy with my end result! -

Petersons Instruments (Scientific)- for this logo i researched Scientific Instruments to give me an idea of the type of imagery i should use. I used a double helix because its simple yet easily recognizable. I thought this logo was quite professional so i only made two different variations in colour, using black and white. This logo i thought looks really tight, its easy to read and can be printed on t-shirts, books, or just about anything. I am happy with my end result!


























-Slinky (Sex Shop)- for this logo i researched Sex Shop on google to see what other logos for this business looked like. The images i found didnt really give me much of an option because most of the images are very inappropriate to use. I made my logo very simple but also sexy by using a silhouetted image of a female. I put her in front of the text, but only so the text is still easy to read. I tried a few different colour variations, using colours that work well together. Sex sells itself so in a way i think this logo was particularly easy to work with. I am very happy with my end result!

-Turners Watches- for this logo i decided to use simple imagery, in this case i used two triangles and made them look like watch hands. I used a strong type face that was easy to read, i then tried different colour variations and chose what worked well! I am happy with my end result!

-Geronimo (Italian Style Cafe)- for this logo i decided to go simple and just use the Italian Flag colours, red,  white and green. I didnt want any imagery in there so just used the letter G for Geronimo. This logo is very simple yet it looks good! Not my favourite logo i've designed, but i was happy with the end result!

























-Flipsyde (Skate shop)- for this logo i decided to be creative with the type face by making a copy of the word "Flipsyde" and than flipping it and siting it directly underneath the original word, like a mirror image. I thought this worked quite well as part of the business' name has the word 'Flip' in it. I used a picture of a skull with two skateboards underneath it for a more skate theme. When i researched Skate shop logos, a lot of them were gangster type with mean type of imagery that males would really be interested. The main target audience for this busniess would be males who are into skating, so i thought it fit nicely. I decided to use three words associated with skate, such as 'Flip. Grind. Skate,' just to make the logo a bit friendly. Also because i didnt wnat the target audience mistaking the logo for an 'Ice skating' logo. I tried some different colour variations and was pleased with the way some of them turned out. I am very happy with my end result!

-Scofield Woodwind (Musical Instruments)- for this logo i used an image of a saxophone because it is a woodwind instrument. I chose a strong type face thats easy to read and also looks good with the imagery. I tried different colour variations to see what worked the best. I am happy with my end result! 

We then uploaded them to our blogs and wrote a bit about each!




0 comment(s) to... “Graphic's Logo Collection”

0 comments: